Impress 8.0.7 is released
23 June 2021
- Low pass / high pass / band pass / band reject (Frequency) filter (all with Gaussian, Butterworth and Ideal implementations)
- Wiener noise reduction filter
- RGB color correction filter.
Added filter implementations:
- Box convolution implementation of the Average noise reduction filter.
- Threshold implementation for the Median filter, which only applies the local median value, if the original pixel value deviates more than the set threshold value.
- Custom implementation of the grey scale conversion filter, allowing manual adjustment of the individual weights of the red, green and blue color channels.
- Wiener1D/2D implementation of the General Deblur filter, with a one/two dimensional Gaussian deblur kernel.
- Box implementation of the Temporal Smoothing filter.
Added features / options:
- Automatic report option added, which enables generation of user specified report type (PDF, HTML or DOCX) at file import or creation.
- Still images recording mode added, to save all frames from a video file into individual images in a separate folder.
- Switch between single precision float and double precision float pixel types for calculation on both CPU and GPU to manually balance speed and precision.
- Color modes All (all channels individually) and ColorOnly added to all deblur filters.
- We have changed the way our hashing is converted to string. It will now fit the format most other software utilities use.
- The underlying platform of the software has been upgraded to the latest version. This will have a positive impact on overall performance.
- The way calculated hashes are transformed to text. It will now fit most common hashing programs.
- The orientation of JPEG files is automatically reviewed and rotated if necessary.
- Replacement of the methods for extracting metadata with three open source tools: MediaInfo, ExifTool and FFProbe. These tools get more, and more relevant, metadata from the file.