Mandet 2.2.2 is released
18 January 2024
We are very happy to announce a New Release of Mandet!
What's New in 2.2.2
- The Inconsistent Motion trend analyser has been accelerated using the graphics card. (GPU; NVIDIA CUDA).
- Version 12.3 of the CUDA Toolkit is now used. (Download and install it from our User Portal or Nvidia if you want to us it.)
- Index file is automatically created when importing a video file into the case. The file contains metadata information for each frame in the video.
- Determination of the Frame Type per frame on video file import: the frame metadata is saved to file and reused for optimized timeline navigation. This Index file can be opened through the Media Bin context menu.
- The option to export the Index file as JSON or XLSX (Excel) file.
- The Index file can be created manually via MediaBin if not previously created automatically at import. In this case the indexing process is not running in the background, but is visible to the user.
- The total number of i-Frames is indicated in the status bar of Mandet if an index file can be generated containing frame type information (not possible for all engines).
- The option to export the media file's metadata as XLSX (Excel) file via Metadata on the Tools pane.
- Adding buttons to the status bar to inform and easily control through popup windows:
- Internal pixel format used for the (filter) calculations.
- Input render engine used to render the video footage from a media file.
- Accelerator used for the (filter) calculation, if any (or CPU only).
- Report status.
Dear user, we were unhappy with Mandet having a form of amnesia (statelessness). With this release we are making the first step in teaching Mandet to remember previous states when projects are reloaded. Also, the filter panes have been simplified allowing you quick access to the results. Though Mandet never really re-calculated existing results but only loaded them from disk, the updated interface will now show you these existing results immediately on project load. No more manual (re)starting of filters. Bear with us while we continue to improve Mandet's feedback and 'memory'. For now, the Report Editor will forget your Report-draft beyond your current session if not exported by you; it cannot be saved. You will have to export the Report inside one session for now.
- System Feedback
- Improving feedback when adding (filter) data to the report.
- Protect against unexported changes of the report on application exit.
- System Performance
- Speed-up of all trend analysers.
- When using the Dahua input engine, the empty frames with crosses are replaced by the replicated frames.
- System General Feature Expansion
- Adding number of processed frames to the trend analyser information in the report.
- Adding extra trend specific information/statistics to the report (e.g. clones, frame types, etc.).
- Adding statistics to pipet tools Squash, and Equal Luminance and colour.
- System Memory
- Automatically reloading filter and trend results when reconnecting to a media file.
- Restore filter and trend checkboxes at media file reload.
- Visual updates
- Adding icons to all main menu items for better recognizability.
- User Performance Facilitation
- Adding options to remove and move report items from the report.
- The ‘Open Case’ menu option now opens the case selection window versus the standard windows open dialog.
- Filter and trend collection moved to same-tab expander for quick accessibility of collection and their results.
- Adding proximate button to add annotated images to the report.
- Adding an export button to the report window.
- Adding export options to the report window File menu.
- Fixing the hotkeys for move next and move previous. These were by default Left Arrow and Right Arrow. These default values caused focus problems when used. Now the ALT + Left Arrow and ALT + Right Arrow are the default values.
- Fixing high CPU usage during idle time.
- Recent cases menu items are available again.
- Preserve pipet and ruler cursor after first click.
- Checkbox "Don’t ask" on exit confirmation fixed.
- Fixing (partially) black images on main display for still images.
- Addition of individual DCT components to the report is now possible again.
- Removing unnecessary network timeouts at application startup.